Inspection of LTCC materials
Phiplastic software significantly reduces the cost of optical inspection system required at any production line. Within the low-temperature co-fired ceramics (LTCC) technology Phiplastic is used for inspecting of all stages: photomasks, stencils, ceramic sheets with holes and topology and finished products.
- Calibration of the system for the user scanner provides objective assessment of the layers geometry for compliance with the standard and overlapping with each other.
- High resolution of modern scanners allows making accurate measurements of size and distance.
LTCC materials before firing are very flexible, which can lead to geometry distortion at certain stages, such as punching holes. Superimposing of LTCC image and vectorial standard makes it possible to visually estimate geometry precision of the sheet. And automated measurements allow determining the real accuracy of production.
The following LTCC materials can be inspected with Phiplastic:
- raw layers with holes and topology (before firing);
- wire mesh stencils;
- finished boards.
Phiplastic allows comparing of LTCC materials with vectorial standard and with each other in any combinations:
- Overlapping of layers with a standard provides overall geometry verification and estimation of elements displacement.
- Automated topology inspection, matching with a standard using adjustable tolerances.
- Automated holes inspection.
- Alignment of layers by image or by reference points, estimation of materials stretching.
- Integrated support for shrinkage factor.
Gold and Color constitute a minimum inspection system for LTCC. Match provides direct comparison of color layers with each other eliminating a vectorial standard. Inspection ultimately automates the verification process, improving performance and reliability.
See also: other examples of Phiplastic application in the microelectronics production.